The Explore Scientific Extension Ring Set offers five extension tubes from 30 to 5mm length with thread connection M48x0.75mm.
The set provides the ability to adjust different distances of a camera to the focal plane of the telescope or the corrector/field flattener. There is an M48.0,75 internal and external thread in each individual tube. The M48x0.75 thread is also called a large T2 photo thread or 2.0 inch filter thread.
Camera specific bayonet adapters or color and nebula filters can be used. Included are 5 different tubes with the steps 30, 20, 15, 10 and 5 mm. The larger free inner diameter of 45.0 mm effectively prevents undesired vignetting of the camera sensor. The outer diameter of the sleeves is exactly 50.65 mm and can therefore be mounted directly in any 2 inch diameter eyepiece adapter.
The Extension Ring Set features include:
– Extension sleeves M48x0,75 in set
– Five extension sleeves: 30, 20, 15, 10, 5 mm
– Use with correctors and field flatteners
– Distance adjustment from camera to focal plane
– Suitable for camera-specific bayonet adapters
– Also suitable for 2.0 inch color and nebular filters
– Internal and external thread M48x0.75 mm (large T2 thread)
– Large inner diameter of 45.0 mm
– Outer diameter is 50.65 mm (2 inches)
– Black matt anodized aluminum
– Total weight of 85 grams
You can learn more here.
Explore Scientific has also introduced several other new camera adapters for astro imaginers including specific bayonet adapters (camera ring) for Nikon and Canon EOS which provide a M48x0.75 mm internal thread for astrophotography.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.