The New YES WorldWatch V7 collection is an astronomically focused wristwatch which combines the daily, monthly and seasonal time cycles of the Sun and the Moon.
As the YES WorldWatch notes, “At a glance the YES WorldWatch V7 give you times for sunrise, sunset, zenith, twilight and true midnight as well as moonrise, moonset, Moon phase plus time and date for the next new and full moon. The key benefit to an astronomer is you can predict the best time to view the universe. When the night will be at its darkest. On the day of posting that window falls between the end of astronomical twilight and the rising of the Moon.”
The YES WorldWatch V7 is fitted with a titanium case and is built to 10 ATM water resistance with AG sapphire crystal. The custom-made charging system and lithium-ion batteries will keep the V7 charged for up to 3 months on a full night of charging. T24 color coded tritium tubes mark the hours; one tritium tube on the arrow hand marks the time. Combined with the electro luminescent back light, it offers a crisp night time readout. The arrow hand balances perfectly on a state of the art, motor-driven, 24-hour Swiss Ronda movement.
The YES WorldWatch V7 specifications include:
– Preprogrammed for 650 cities worldwide through year 2099.
– Location can also be set by LAT/LON and it has 10 cities always kept in memory.
– Digital time, LCD display and hand automatically adjusts for Daylight Saving Time and Time Zone.
– DST can also be manually turned ON and OFF.
– Times for sunrise, zenith, sunset, twilight (all 3 levels) and true midnight.
– Sunrise and sunset alarm with 0-99 minutes pre-alarm.
– Equinox, solstice and cross quarter day alerts with event times.
– Times for moonrise, moonset, Moon phase, % illumination plus exact time and date for the next new and full moons.
– LCD ARC day/night display with twilight.
– HRS: MIN:SEC in AM/PM or 2400 format.
– Month, date, day, year and DOY.
– Regular set alarm with 10-minute snooze, 99 minute timer, top of the hour alarm with user choice of active range and 999 day countdown/up.
– 24 hour stop with lap time and memory measured in 1/100 of a second.
– Electronic compass with NSEW direction and degree readout.
– 7 languages: English, Spanish, German, French, Norwegian, Italian and Portuguese.
– Rechargeable battery via wireless charging bed. Up to 3 months of operation on a full night of charging with battery life estimated at 5 years plus. The battery can be replaced. To learn more about how to treat lithium batteries, see this link: How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries.
– Crisp nighttime viewing provided by LUME on daytime hour markers, 13+1 tritium tubes on nighttime hour markers plus hand and electro luminescent back light.
– Unique software time trim allows for adjusting the watch to a +/-0.5 second monthly accuracy.
– Ronda Swiss Made servo driven 24-hour analog hand.
– 46x16mm case, 22 mm lug nut width, adjustable locking clasp on titanium bracelets.
– Titanium case construction with scratch proof sapphire crystal to 10 ATM water resistance.
– Your choice of bezel design, color, finish, bracelet and soft straps.
– Comes in a sturdy box made for worldwide shipping. Instruction Manual and jewelers tools included.
You can learn more about YES WorldWatch V7 here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1-year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.
The sun is more active than it has been in years! If you’d like to learn more the technology behind solar observing, solar imaging and more, you can check out our free publication, “The Definitive Guide to Viewing and Imaging the Sun”. You don’t have to sign up or provide any information, simply click here and enjoy reading!