The TS-Optics 110mm Apo offers excellent chromatic correction and is designed for observation and astrophotography. As the company notes, “With its fast focal ratio of f/6, the apo is faster than regular EDs, which are usually f/7 to f/9.”
To achieve its chromatic correction, the telescope utilizes FPL51 glass which is supplemented by Lanthanum glass. All lens surfaces are coated with a multi-coating for maximum light transmission. Baffles inside the optical tube and in the focuser prevent reflections and ensure sharp, high-contrast images.
The TS-Optics 110mm Apo has a high-quality 2.7″ rack and pinion focuser with ball bearings that offers 360° rotation and has dual speed for precise focusing. This helps guarantee sensitive and accurate focusing even with heavy accessories. The focuser accepts 2″ and 1.25″ accessories. You can also use 2″ diagonals and common correctors. The telescope package features sturdy CNC tube rings, aluminum tube, retractable dew shield and a sturdy aluminum transport case.
TS-Optics recommends using the following correctors:
– TS-Optics WiflatT2 – 1.0x Corrector: The corrector is simply plugged into the 2″ receptacle and is well suited for cameras up to APS-C format. The working distance is 55 mm from the T2 thread.
– TS-Optics TSFLAT25G2 Corrector: The 1.0x full frame format corrector is designed for full frame formats. For connection to the telescope, the TS-Optics M74-TSFLAT25 (M68x1 adapter) transition adapter is required. This provides the ability to screw the corrector directly to the focuser. For the correct working distance (55 mm from the M48 thread) a TS-Optics 5 mm M68x1 extension tube is needed.
– TS-Optics TSRED379: Offers a 0.79x focal length reduction with field correction which changes the focal ratio to f/4.74. For the connection, the TS-Optics Transition Adapter M74-TSFLAT25 provides the ability to screw the corrector directly to the focuser. To achieve the correct working distance of 55 mm from the M48 thread, 2x M48 tuning rings with 1 mm thickness are needed.
The TS-Optics 110mm Apo specifications include:
– Aperture: 110 mm
– Focal length: 660 mm
– Focal ratio: f/6
– Objective: Advanced 2-element APO objective
– Glass: FPL51 and Lanthanum glass
– Focuser: 2.7″ rack & pinion focuser with ball bearings
– Dual speed: Yes
– 360° rotation: Yes
– Intermediate thread for screw adaptations: M74x1 female thread
– Tube: Aluminum CNC tube
– Dew shield: Retractable
– Working distance: 140 mm from the 2″ receptacle
– Weight: 10 kg
– Carrying case dimensions: 730 x 280 x 260 mm
You can learn more about the TS-Optics 110mm Apo here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1-year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.
The sun is more active than it has been in years! If you’d like to learn more about the technology behind solar observing, solar imaging and more, you can check out our free publication, “The Definitive Guide to Viewing and Imaging the Sun”. You don’t have to sign up or provide any information, simply click here and enjoy reading!