The iOptron HEM15 Mount with iPolar is the latest addition to iOptron’s HEM hybrid strain wave drive mounts. This mount offers among the most light weight mount to payload ratio available. With a mount head weighing 5.5lbs, the iOptron HEM15 Mount can carry a 15 lbs payload without needing a counterweight or shaft.
Utilizing state of the art strain wave drive technology for the RA movement in tandem with backlash-free DEC worm/belt drive design, the HEM15 delivers unparalleled weight to payload efficiency. Its black anodized all metal CNC machined body is not only appealing to the eye, it’s a rugged platform that will perform at the highest level for many years to come. Unique features such as an electronic friction break and power down memory allow the mount safely stop and resume a GoTo slew or continue tracking even after an abrupt power loss (No need to realign and start from the beginning).
The iOptron HEM15 Mount can be controlled by a computer, either via ASCOM/Commander for a Windows PC or a third party INDI driver for a MacOS software; a SmartPhone/Tablet via iOptron Commander Lite or an App like SkySafari; or a Raspberry Pi device via INDI driver.
The iOptron HEM15 Mount offers the following features and specifications:
– Advanced strain wave gear technology
– Payload capacity of 7 kg (15.4 lbs) with the mount weight of 2.5 kg (5.5 lbs)
– CNC machined
– Unique friction brake to safely stop movement during a planned or unplanned power interruption
– 360 second gear period
– Go2Nova hand controller with ~212,000 object database
– iPolar electronic polar scope for easy and accurate polar alignment
– No moving, no wrapping cable system
– Vixen dovetail saddle
– Built in zero position search and locator
– Power down position and location memory
– Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
– Built-in Wi-Fi(via hand controller)
– USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
– Soft carrying case
– Two year warranty
You can learn more about the iOptron HEM15 Mount here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1-year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.
The sun is more active than it has been in years! If you’d like to learn more the technology behind solar observing, solar imaging and more, you can check out our free publication, “The Definitive Guide to Viewing and Imaging the Sun”. You don’t have to sign up or provide any information, simply click here and enjoy reading!