The iOptron HAZ Mounts have been added to the into iOptron strain wave gear mount family. The iOptron HAZ31 and HAZ46 offer a very light weight and compact Alt/Az mounting opportunity in a medium payload.
The HAZ31 mount has a mount head weighing in at 8.2 lbs and offers a payload capability of 31 lbs. The HAZ46 has a mount head weighing in at 12.3 lbs, and a payload capability of 44 lbs. Both mounts are free from the need of a counterweight or shaft.
The iOptron HAZ Mounts will support a large variety of instruments where flexibility is needed for outreach programs and satellite tracking. The multi position saddle (can be placed on top or to the side) uniquely sets up the HAZ31 to accommodate binoculars. Just turn the mount on and it will calibrate itself and GoTo the first target utilizing iOptron’s “Lever and Go” technology.
Incorporating state of the art strain wave gear technology for the both RA and DEC movement, the iOptron HAZ Mounts offer an impressive weight to payload efficiency. The black anodized all metal CNC machined body is not only appealing to the eye, it’s a rugged platform that will perform at the highest level for many years to come. Unique features such as an electronic friction break and power down memory allow the mount safely stop and resume a GoTo slew or continue tracking even after an abrupt power loss (No need to realign and start from the beginning).
The iOptron HAZ Mounts can be controlled by a computer, either via ASCOM/Commander for a Windows PC or a third party INDI driver for a MacOS software; a SmartPhone/Tablet via iOptron Commander Lite or an App like SkySafari; or a Raspberry Pi device via INDI driver.
The iOptron HAZ Mounts offer the following features and specifications:
– Advanced strain wave gear system technology
– HAZ31 payload capacity of 14 kg (31 lbs) with the mount weight of 3.7 kg (8.2 lbs, include dovetail saddle)
– HAZ46 payload capacity of 20 kg (44 lbs) with the mount weight of 5.6 kg (12.3 lbs, include dovetail saddle)
– CNC machined
– Unique friction brake to safely stop movement during a planned or unplanned power interruption
– Go2Nova hand controller with ~212,000 object database
– Dual saddle (Vixen and Losmandy-D styles)
– Level & Go
– Large binocular mounting
– Satellite tracking ready (with third party software)
– Built in zero position search and locator
– Power down position and location memory
– Built-in Wi-Fi (via hand controller)
– USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
– Carrying case
– Two year warranty
You can learn more about the iOptron HAZ Mounts here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1-year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.
The sun is more active than it has been in years! If you’d like to learn more the technology behind solar observing, solar imaging and more, you can check out our free publication, “The Definitive Guide to Viewing and Imaging the Sun”. You don’t have to sign up or provide any information, simply click here and enjoy reading!