The iOptron HAE43 Mounts are the newest members of the iOptron strain wave gear mount family. The AZ/EQ dual mount HAE43 and HAE43EC are light weight, compact, medium payload mounts that will deliver a new level of astronomy experience with a mount head weighing in at 12lbs with a payload capability 43lbs, without needing a counterweight or shaft. As the iOptron team notes, “Applying iOptron’s multi-decade experience creating precision mounts, the HAE43 brings this newest vision to reality.”
Utilizing state of the art strain wave gear technology for the both RA and DEC movement, the iOptron HAE43 Mounts deliver unparalleled weight to payload efficiency. Offering a black anodized all metal CNC machined body is not only appealing to the eye, it is a rugged platform that will perform at the highest level for many years to come. Unique features such as an electronic friction break and power down memory allow the mount to safely stop and resume a GoTo slew or continue tracking even after an abrupt power loss (No need to realign and start from the beginning).
The iOptron HAE43 Mounts can be controlled by a computer, either via ASCOM/Commander for a Windows PC or a third party INDI driver for a MacOS software; a SmartPhone/Tablet via iOptron Commander Lite or an App like SkySafari; or a Raspberry Pi device via INDI driver.
The HAE43EC features a high precision RA axis encoder that delivers incredible tracking accuracy, enough that many will choose to image “sans” guiding.
The iOptron HAE43 Mounts offer the following features and specifications:
– Advanced strain wave gear system technology
– Payload capacity of 20 kg (44 lbs) with the mount weight of 5.5 kg (12 lbs, include dovetail saddle)
– CNC machined
– Unique friction brake to safely stop movement during a planned or unplanned power interruption
– 270 second gear period
– Go2Nova hand controller with ~212,000 object database
– iPolar electronic polar scope for easy and accurate polar alignment
– Customer cable management system ready
– Dual saddle (Vixen and Losmandy-D styles)
– Built in zero position search and locator
– Power down position and location memory
– Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
– Built-in Wi-Fi (via hand controller)
– USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
– Aluminum carrying case
– Two year warranty
You can learn more about the iOptron HAE43 Mounts here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1-year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.
The sun is more active than it has been in years! If you’d like to learn more the technology behind solar observing, solar imaging and more, you can check out our free publication, “The Definitive Guide to Viewing and Imaging the Sun”. You don’t have to sign up or provide any information, simply click here and enjoy reading!