The Avalon EVO-Quattro Mount offers a ultra-high capacity mount that can support telescopes up to 25” in a single or dual configuration. With a payload capacity of 250kg it is an excellent choice to mount heavy telescopes with high accuracy for astrophotography.
Entirely made of anodized aluminum and machined with high-precision CNC machines, the Avalon EVO-Quattro Mount offers an internal belt drive system consisting of special polymer fiberglass pulleys and high-precision timing belts. The design allows tracking with no sudden deflections and no backlash, while maintaining a durable product without the need for maintenance. With the high-resolution absolute encoders on both axes, it is possible to obtain accurate alignment and maintain the orientation of the mount even after a power down.
The Avalon EVO-Quattro Mount utilizes the Avalon StarGo2 control system which allows for stand-alone as well as computer-aided operation offering an all-in-one astrophotography management system for a mount, cameras, focuser, etc.
The StarGo2 Pro offers has the following functionality:
– Raspberry Pi 4 based
– Compatible with all Linux astronomy software (Kstar, Stellarium, Carte du Ciel etc.)
– 4″ touchscreen display
– Creates its own hotspot or connects to your network
– Desktop remote connection to StarGo2 Pro Operative System
– Standard Raspberry Pi 4 input/output
– 1 audio port, 2 USB 2.0 ports
– 2 USB 3.0 ports, 1 Ethernet port
– 2 individual 12-volt power outputs
– 1 variable 6 to 12-volt power output
– 1 keypad
– Aux 1 RJ connector with ASCOM and INDI drivers
– Multiplatform web app, for system network connection and management of mount
– SkySafari Direct Connect
– Drivers: INDI (Linux, Mac OS); ASCOM Alpaca (Windows OS)
The Avalon EVO-Quattro Mount specifications include:
– Carrying capacity: 250kg
– Drive system: Belt drive system based on a four-stage reduction
– Pulleys: Special fiberglass polymer
– Straps: High precision timing belt
– Stock: Roller bearing
– Material: Anodized aluminum, machined from individual blocks using high-precision 5-axis CNC machines
– GOTO system: StarGo 2 Pro – suitable for Windows, Linux and Mac
– Network connection: LAN, WLAN (external or own hotspot)
– Outputs: Ethernet, 2x USB 2.0, 2x USB 3.0, 2x 12 V, 1x 6 to 12 V, keyboard, AUX RJ
– Touchscreen: 4″
– Dimensions: 270mm x 580mm x 870mm.
– Counterweights: 4x 20kg
– Weight mount head: Approximately 100 kg
– Total weight: Approximately 180 kg
You can learn more about the Avalon EVO-Quattro Mount here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1-year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.
The sun is more active than it has been in years! If you’d like to learn more the technology behind solar observing, solar imaging and more, you can check out our free publication, “The Definitive Guide to Viewing and Imaging the Sun”. You don’t have to sign up or provide any information, simply click here and enjoy reading!