The new line of PrimaLuceLab GIOTTO Flat-Frame Generators are smart flat frame generators that come is sizes to fit telescopes from 120mm up to 425mm. Larger diameters are available on request to fit a specific telescope.
Calibration is important in astrophotography because results are greatly improved by capturing special calibration frames called flat, dark and bias and using them during processing. In particular, flat frames are recorded by pointing your telescope at a white surface and it allows the mitigation of the effect of vignetting and shadows created by dust on the optical system. The PrimaLuceLab GIOTTO Flat-Frame Generators offer a start of the art smart flat field generator that helps capture flat calibration frames for astrophotography.
When choosing one of the specific PrimaLuceLab GIOTTO Flat-Frame Generators, the company suggests choosing a model with an illuminated panel larger than the telescope optics. The diameter of your telescope external tube should be lower than the flat field generator maximum illuminated diameter.
The PrimaLuceLab GIOTTO Flat-Frame Generators work by usimg many LED lights at a color temperature similar to the Sun, a specially designed light diffuser and, with the included thumbscrews, you can easily lock it in front of telescopes.
GIOTTO is provided with integrated electronics that allow you adjust GIOTTO’s light intensity by 100 steps (0 to 100%), USB-C port to let you connect to your EAGLE or any standard Windows computer for remote control with PLAY or ASCOM driver, WiFi connectivity to let you wirelessly control it using your smartphone or tablet via the included Virtual HandPad and 12V power port.
Using GIOTTO is very simple: when you want to record your flat frames, you can simply attach GIOTTO to the front of your telescope by locking it in place with the included thumbscrews. At the bottom of GIOTTO, you will find the control panel with USB-C port to let you easily connect it to your EAGLE or any standard Windows computer.
You will be able to control GIOTTO with the next release of PLAY astrophotography software allowing you to easily record calibration files for your astrophotography session and it will come also with a dedicated ASCOM driver to let you control it through third party astrophotography software.
And if you want to automate the capture of your calibration files or if you’re searching for the best way to remotely open and close your telescope, you can add the optional ALTO telescope cover motor and use GIOTTO as a remotely controlled motorized cap.
PrimaLuciLab designed ALTO to be easily connected with their PLUS clamp to any Vixen or Losmandy style dovetail bar that is already present in many telescopes (like SCT, Aplanatic SCT, RCT, etc.). If your telescope has a short bar (for example in refractors or Newtonians) you can easily add a longer dovetail bar to let you clamp ALTO just above or below the front end of your tube. This design allows you to adjust GIOTTO and ALTO positions to allow an optimal opening and closing of your telescope.
PrimaLuceLab GIOTTO Flat-Frame Generators specifications include:
– Designed to fit telescopes from 120mm up to 425mm with larger diameters are available on request to fit a specific telescope.
– LED lights at color temperature similar to sunlight, to provide a neutral color tone.
– Special designed light diffuser for an even illumination.
– Adjustable light intensity by 100 steps (0 to 100%).
– Natively runs off of a 12V power source to avoid the need for external power units.
– Included thumbscrews for an easy lock in front of telescopes.
– USB-C port to let you easily connect it to your EAGLE or Windows computer
– WiFi connectivity so you can wirelessly control it using your smartphone or tablet via the included Virtual HandPad
– Control and capture flat frames with PLAY astrophotography software for EAGLE or Windows
– ASCOM driver to let you control it through third party softwares
– Optional ALTO telescope cover motor to convert GIOTTO in a remotely controlled motorized cap
You can learn more about the PrimaLuceLab GIOTTO Flat-Frame Generators here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.