The iOptron SkyHunter mount offers the ultimate in Grab N’ Go functionality with GoTo and built-in Wi-Fi for control from your smartphone. It has to be one of the lightest, most compact and portable full function mounts ever introduced on the market.
Fifteen years after releasing the innovational Cube AZ/EQ GoTo mount, the iOptron SkyHunter mount takes the next step in its evolution. Weighing in at only 2.9 lbs (including internal rechargeable battery), the SkyHunter is capable of supporting an 11 lb payload in both equatorial and alt-azimuth modes.
The iOptron SkyHunter mount features four tracking rates, 1X or sidereal, 1/2X for sky and landscape combined, Solar and Lunar. All 4 tracking rates work in both northern and southern hemispheres. The SkyHunter mount can be controlled by an iOS or Android SmartPhone/tablet, an optional 8410 hand controller, or a computer via ASCOM, INDI or embedded drive.
When you choose the complete iOptron SkyHunter portable GoTo AZ/EQ system with iPolar, you get a complete a comprehensive Grab N’ Go solution. Starting with an EQ wedge to enable alt-azimuth and equatorial functionality, also included is a well mated steel tripod pier as well as an available carbon fiber upgrade. A pier extension is included for additional clearance which prevents attached equipment from coming into contact with the legs of the tripod.
The complete package also includes a counterweight and shaft as well as a MiniUSB charging cable. The built-in, rechargeable Li-Poly battery allows for up to 10 hours of continuous operation.
The complete iOptron SkyHunter mount package also includes the iPolar electronic polar scope. With iPolar, accurate polar alignment has never been so simple. All you have to do is place the plus symbol over the graphical representation of the celestial pole’s location. When these two symbols are aligned they represent a precise polar alignment, allowing you to get the best performance possible from your SkyHunter mount.
With the built-in WiFi adapter its easy to control the SkyHunter mount with iOS or Android devices, ASCOM drivers, iOptron Commander, Sky Safari, or with an optional 8410 hand controller (sold separately).
The specifications for the iOptron SkyHunter mount complete system include:
– Specialized Grab N’ Go GoTo EQ/AZ mount
– Mount weighs 2.9 lbs (1.3kg)
– Payload 11 lbs (5kg) (balanced, exclude CW)
– Dual-axis servomotors with optical encoders
– Tracking speed: Solar, Lunar, 1X, 1/2X, S/N
– Operation in both northern and southern hemisphere
– Vixen dovetail saddle
– Built-in rechargeable battery for up to 10 hours of operation (20°C)
– Built-in WIFI adapter for full ASCOM, iOptron Commander and Sky Safari control
– USB port for firmware upgrade and computer control
– Optional Go2Nova 8410 controller with Advanced Go2Nova GoTo technology
– iPolar electronic polar scope
– Counterweight Shaft: Φ20X200mm with 3/8” thread, stainless steel
– Counterweight: 3 lbs (1.35kg)
– Attaches to a camera tripod with 3/8” or 1/4” threads
– 1.25″ Stainless steel tripod
– Optional carbon fiber tripod
You can learn more about the iOptron SkyHunter mount here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.