The Avalon EVO Zero Mount is the latest mounting option from Avalon Instruments. The Evo-Zero mount is available for pre-order now.
The new compact Avalon EVO Zero Mount with Avalons’ unique belt drive system was designed for travelling astronomy and light setup. It weighs less then 5kg land offers a compact design (28 x 21 x 11 cm) while still provide a generous payload up to 13kg.
The Avalon exclusive technology offered with the belt drive system is accomplished with timing belts and polymer fiberglass pulleys that are characterized by no backlash, no sudden spikes and no maintenance due to its improved rigidity.
There is no clutch on the RA/DEC axis offering easy setup. With telescopes within the mount payload capability, it is only required to fix them on the top clamp without performing a fine balancing adjustment. This can be facilitated without counterweights or with a small counterweight depending on the setup specifications.
The base mount design allow makes it easy to set the latitude degree from 0° to 90°. The Evo-zero can be fixed on the T-pod with a knob from the bottom base side. Resolute and accurate tracking accuracy is provided with the 400 step HQ (High Quality) motors assembled on both RA/DEC axis. Precise tracking and guide resolution are available thanks to the 0.1 arc sec/micro step.
The mount is controlled by AvalonStargo that includes the Stargo ASCOM driver supporting the most common astronomical software applications such as Phd2, Maxim, SGP, CartduCiel, Stellarium and more. With the INDI drivers it is possible to use Avalon EVO Zero Mount with Linux systems. StarGo also facilitates using apps such as SkiSafari so that the mount can be controlled with smart devices via Wi-Fi.
The StarGo Keypad provides the ability to “manually” move the mount on the RA and DEC axis, without PC or smart devices. It also allows focuser control, tracking speed adjustment (Sidereal, Solar, Lunar, Terrestrial) and slew speed increases and decreases.
Avalon EVO Zero Mount specifications include:
– Type: Equatorial/Alt Az mount
– Payload Capability: 13 Kg
– Weight: 5Kg
– Overall Dimensions: 28 x 21 x 11 cm
– Latitude range available: From 0° to 90°
– RA/DEC motors: HQ (High Quality) 400 stepper motors
– Transmission system: All belts drive system based on four stages reducer. All the movements are on roller bearings. No maintenance and no backlash system. The pulleys made with special polymer fiberglass charged and high precision toothed belts.
– Construction Material: Anodized aluminum, worked out from single blocks with high precision 5 axis CNC machines.
– GOTO system: StarGo Wi-Fi version
– Telescope plate: Vixen style, single knob with 2 tightening points.
You can learn more about the Avalon EVO Zero Mount here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.