The new Askar 80 PHQ Quadruplet APO Astrograph is the latest in a series of Askar PHQ flatfield apos. The 80PHQ is a portable refractor designed for astrophotography with a corrected field of view up to full frame format. It also is suitable for visual observing with 1.25″ and 2″ diagonals and eyepieces.
The Askar 80 PHQ offers a four-element Petzval design which includes a color-corrected triplet objective and a corrector lens built into the optical tube, eliminating the need for a separate field flattener.
The Askar 80 PHQ Quadruplet APO Astrograph specifications and functionality include:
– 80 mm aperture; 600 mm focal length; f/7.5focal ratio
– 4-element Petzval system with color clean triplet objective and one corrector lens built into the tube
– Stable 3″ RAP focuser with dual speed and 360° rotation
– Generous working distance also allows the use of 2″ accessories
– Suitable photo adapters are included in delivery
– Illuminated image circle with very good correction up to full frame format
– CNC tube rings with Vixen style EQ5 dovetail bars and carrying handle
– Finder shoe for standard finder and mini guiding telescopes available
– High quality carrying case for optimal protection of the telescope
– Excellent for Planetary and lunar photography due to the correction of the optics on the axis
– In the field, sharp and high-contrast images are achieved, even with focal length extension
You can learn more about the Askar 80 PHQ Quadruplet APO Astrograph here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.