The William Optics RedCat 71 is a 71-mm f/4.9 refractor that features a 350mm focal length which is well suited for taking widefield images of the night sky.
It offers a Petzval design with a doublet front element incorporating FPL-53 glass, plus a single central element and a single rear lens. By using this four-element Petzval design, the WO RedCat 71 provides a flat image plane without requiring any additional flattener and the image circle is over 45mm.
The William Optics RedCat 71 is designed primarily for imaging. The telescope provides excellent color correction and pinpoint stars at the very edge of the 45mm image circle.
Included is a Bahtinov focusing mask which is a great tool for astrophotography and modifying focus. The innovative and integrated Bahtinov mask cover will help astrophotographers reach the best focus.
The premium quality of anodizing finish and calibrated helical focuser with a 2GT gear ring is much more precise than those on typical camera lenses, and it is lockable, making it easy to achieve and maintain focus.
The William Optics RedCat 71 specifications include:
– Petzval optical design
– 71mm f/4.9 Astrograph
– 350mm focal length
– Dawes Limit is 1.63 arcseconds
– Highest magnification is 142x
– Light gathering power is 103x
– FPL-53 glass for color-free apochromatic performance
– 4 elements in 3 groups (2-1-1- configuration; new, unique, patented design – not a conventional objective/flattener/reducer design)
– Covers a 45mm full-frame imaging circle
– Precise helical focusing and camera rotation; includes a 48mm make thread that accepts a wide T-ring.
– Includes mounting rings, 21cm long Red Vixen style dovetail and Cat saddle
– Weight is 6.2lbs/2.8kg (OTA only); 8.2lbs/3.7kg (OTA with ring, dovetail and saddle)
– Tube length is 435mm
The William Optics RedCat 71 ships with:
– M48 Dust Cap/Thread
– Tilt Adapter
– Camera Angle Rotator
– Rotator Tension Knob
– Saddle Handlebar (with two M4 thumb screws)
– Helical Focuser with 2GT Gear Ring
– Arca Swiss/Vixen Plate
– Mounting Rings
– Dew Shield with Focus Tension Ring
– Bahtinov Mask
– Soft Carry Case
You can learn more about the William Optics RedCat 71 here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.