The Antlia ALP-T dual band 5nm filter is a dual line-pass filter which was designed to be used primarily with one-shot color (OSC) cameras such as DSLR’s or astronomical OSC cameras.
It can also be used as a narrowband filter for monochrome cameras to save imaging time. The advanced multi-coatings on the filter effectively isolates the red Ha and the blue-green OIII lines light from emission nebulae, with almost total suppression of optical density (OD)4.5 on unwanted wavelengths from light pollution, moonlight, and airglow.
The result is that the ALP-T dual band 5nm filter creates a superior signal-to-noise ratio and better contrast in your images. The filter enables the capture of the two main emission nebulae bands at the same time, whilst suppressing unwanted light pollution. It enables you to capture cleaner data and reduces the post processing efforts to isolate faint details from the background light pollution.
The Antlia ALP-T dual band 5nm filter highlights include:
– Engineered specifically for use with DSLR, CMOS, and CCD color cameras.
– Suppression of optical density (OD)4.5 on unwanted visual wavelengths adds signal-to-noise.
– Extremely steep bandpass edges minimize internal reflections.
– Ideal flat- top and moderate bandpass reducing spectrum down shifts
– Ion Gun Assisted Deposition coating technology on the double-sided polished substrate making it the most consistent and accurate light pollution suppression filter.
– Good performance at focal ratios faster than F3.0 with contrast increasing as focal ratio increases.
– Designed to suppress artificial lighting from Bortle scale 1 to Bortle scale 8.
– Near IR (NIR) is blocked up to 1100nm.
You can learn about the Antlia ALP-T dual band 5nm filter more here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.