The CCD Guide 2022 is now available. Every year since 1997, the Astronomischer Arbeitskreis Salzkammergut astronomy club in Austria has published the CCD-Guide in DVD format, which assists astrophotographers in planning their imaging projects. Besides a huge number of reference images, the CCD-Guide contains software to find images, to view images and to obtain all necessary data. The newest release offers 374 new astrophotos and considerable software enhancements. The entire collection contains more than 4,200 reference images + 1,100 additional images of 53 contributing astrophotographers.
The CCD Guide 2022 offers a powerful planning tool ObjectTracker, which quickly and easily answers the question of whether a particular object can be photographed at a selected location on a particular night. The ideal time window for taking photographs is calculated by taking into account twilight, moon, object altitude and optional horizon. The altitude progression of the object and of the moon is displayed in an intuitive graphic.
Features of the CCD Guide 2022 software include:
– Extensive deep sky object database including object data, based on 30 big standard catalogues
– Easy search function for objects
– Simultaneous viewing of object data, image acquisition data and preview picture
– Filter the images by different criteria, e.g. coordinates, object type, object size, constellation, catalogue, observer, camera, telescope or date.
– Create a slide show of selected images
– Input your own images including data to create your personal image archive
– Observation planning for astrophotographers including calculation of the ideal observation window considering object height, sun, moon and local horizon
– Minimal system requirements: CCD-Guide is executable on all current Windows PCs (starting with Windows 7) without installation.
CCD-Guide team members work voluntary and all income is used exclusively to cover production costs or to support projects of the Astronomischer Arbeitskreis Salzkammergut astronomy club.
You can order the new CCD-Guide 2022 at a price of 29 € for the download version or at a price of 35 € + postage for the USB stick version. All users of older CCD-Guide versions can buy an update for the new release at reduced prices. Pupils and students receive the CCD-Guide free of charge for their pre-scientific work and projects. USB sticks can only be delivered to Europe (except UK).
Order information about the CCD Guide 2022 is available here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.