The Askar 107PHQ is the latest product release from Sharpstar Optics. Designed for widefield astrophotography, the Askar 107PHQ is a F/7 Quadruplet Flatfield Super APO Astrograph.
The Askar 107PHQ offers a four-element Petzval design which includes a color-corrected triplet objective and a corrector lens built into the optical tube, eliminating the need for a separate field flattener. The astrograph produces an image circle field of 66mm, which is large enough to cover a full-frame sensor.
The telescope includes a 3.4″ rack and pinon focuser that is optimized for astrophotography and can handle a load of up to 8 kg. The Askar 107PHQ can also be used for visual observing with 1.25″ and 2″ diagonals and eyepieces.
The Askar 107PHQ specifications include:
– Aperture size: 107mm
– Focal length: 749mm
– Focal ratio: f/7
– Objective lens: Quadruplet air-spaced APO (including two ED glass)
– Image circle: 44mm
– Maximum accessory connection (with the focuser fully retreated):
- Imaging mode:
– 79mm (from the base of M48×0.75 male thread)
– 99mm (from the base of M54×0.75 male thread)
– 119mm (from the base of M68×1male thread)
– 149mm (from the base of M86×1 male thread)
- Observing mode:
– 120mm (from the end of 2″ visual back)
– Total length: 603mm (when the dew shield is contracted; 754mm (when the dew shield is extended）
– Net weight: 5.7kg
– Gross weight: 6.9kg
– Rear-end thread type:
– M86×1 to M68×1
– M68×1 to M54×0.75
– M54×0.75 to M52×0.75
– M52×0.75 to M48×0.75 (with M48×0.75 filter thread）
– Four-piece photographic adapter：M48×0.75
You can learn more about the Askar 107PHQ here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.