The new Orion SkyScanner BL135mm Dobsonian Reflector Telescope is a starter telescope that provides advanced performance in terms of image brightness and ease of use.
The Orion SkyScanner BL135mm Dobsonian Reflector Telescope’s 135mm (5.3″) mirror collects significant more light than traditional beginner telescopes and provides ease of use as the optical tube glides up and down, left and right on its sturdy Dobsonian base. Point to the area of the sky you want to view and the red dot scope will help you zero in on your target. There are no complicated gears, counterweights, locking levers, or tripod legs to deal with as there are with many beginner telescopes.
The optical tube detaches from the base with two hand knobs, making for easier two-piece transport if desired with the base providing a convenient carry handle.
The included interchangeable 25mm Kellner and 10mm Plossl 1.25” eyepieces provide low-power 44x and high-power 110x magnification, respectively. Also included is a 3x Barlow lens, which triples the magnification of any eyepiece it’s used with. It’s a great tool for getting in tight on your observing target. And to aid in your viewing to one of the most favorite celestial objects – the Moon – Orion includes the Orion MoonMap 260. It shows the locations and names of over 260 features on the Moon such as craters, mountains, valleys, and “seas”.
The Orion SkyScanner BL135mm Dobsonian Reflector Telescope specifications include:
– Optical diameter: 135mm
– Focal length: 1100mm
– Focal ratio: f/8.1
– Optics type: Spherical
– Glass material: Soda-lime plate
– Eyepieces: Kellner 25.0mm,Plossl 10.0mm (1.25″)
– Magnification with included eyepieces: 44x, 110x
– Resolving power: 0.86arc*sec
– Lowest useful magnification: 19x
– Highest useful magnification: 270x
– Highest theoretical magnification: 270x
– Limiting stellar magnitude: 13.4
– Finder scope: Reflex sight
– Focuser: 1.25″ Rack-and-pinion
– Secondary mirror obstruction: 38mm
– Secondary mirror obstruction by diameter: 28%
– Secondary mirror obstruction by area: 30%
– Mirror coatings/over-coatings: Aluminum & Silicon Dioxide
– Mount type: Dobsonian
– Tube material: Steel
– Length of optical tube: 40.0 in.
– Weight, optical tube: 8.9 lbs.
– Weight, mount/tripod: 23.6 lbs.
– Weight, fully assembled: 32.6 lbs.
– Additional included accessories: 3x Barlow lens, MoonMap 260, Dual Phillips/Flat screwdriver
– Other features: 2″ R&P focuser with 1.25″ adapter, Adjustable altitude and azimuth tension knobs, Center-marked primary mirror for collimation
You can learn more about the Orion SkyScanner BL135mm Dobsonian Reflector Telescope here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.