AG Optical Systems has announced the company has two 17″ iDK Telescopes available in their current production run.
The AG Optical Systems .4 meter (17 inch) F6.7 Imaging Dall Kirkham (iDK) telescope is an observatory-class imaging instrument featuring a 70mm flat field imaging circle free from coma, astigmatism, and field curvature. Wide field images are captured with high-contrast details and sharp stars across the entire field of view.
The AG Optical Systems 17″ iDK F6.7 optical system provides exceptional thermal stability. Optical grade fused quartz optics ensure the figure and focus stability of the 17″ iDK as the temperature changes over the course of an imaging session. When combined with the rigid, thermally stable carbon fiber truss tube assembly of the 17″ iDK you can expect to spend less time focusing and more time collecting data.
AG Optical Systems iDK series carbon fiber truss optical tube assemblies make extensive use of carbon fiber composite materials, CNC-machined components, and precision collimation adjustments to provide a rigid and thermally stable platform for the low expansion optics. Two cooling fans speed the cooling of the primary mirror while primary and secondary mirror heaters can be automatically controlled by the optional Thermal Control System (TCS).
The optional, digital Optec Gemini rotating focuser or Optec TCF-S3i focuser is ASCOM-compatible and is capable of precision focusing and rotation while carrying heavy CCD imaging trains.
Optical tube assembly specifications include:
– 95 lbs. carbon fiber tube assembly
– Tube length: 41 inches
– 17″ (.4m) optical grade fused quartz F6.7 optical system
– 70mm corrected imaged circle. 1.4 degrees
– Cooling fans, heaters, and temperature sensors
– Optional Thermal Control System
– Dust covers
– All CNC components, all stainless steel fasteners
Optical system specifications include:
– 17″ F6.7 corrected optical system with integral field corrector correcting coma, astigmatism, and field curvature
– Ostahowski Optics mirrors
– 2884 mm focal length
– 8.3″ secondary obstruction (49% linear obstruction)
– Performance: 5 micron RMS 15mm off-axis, 6.5 micron RMS 35mm off-axis
– 6.7″ of back focus from Optec Gemini focuser (assumes 1″ extension tube between backplate and Gemini focuser)
– 96% enhanced aluminum coatings
– 89mm diameter two-element permanently-aligned field corrector with broadband anti-reflection coating on all surfaces (<.5% reflectivity from 400 to 700 nm)
– 5.9″ of back focus with Optec TCF-S3 focuser installed
– 10.2″ of back focus from focuser base
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.