The Starfield ED80 f/6 Triplet APO will take your wide field imaging game to new levels. The new telescope is from Canadian based StarField Optics, which offers a number of innovative products for the visual and imaging amateur astronomer.
The Starfield ED80 f/6 Triplet APO uses FPL53 (Ohara, Japan) optics and comes standard with heavy duty rings, extra-long Vixen style dovetail, and a handle designed to mount accessories. It also offers a 2.5″ Rack and Pinion 2 speed focuser, retractable dew shield and hard case.
To make your imaging experience even better, the Camera Angle Rotator will let you frame up your object easily without adding flex or changing your focuser position. Multicoated optics are standard and include an optical test report.
Highlights and features include:
– Air-spaced 80mm f/6 Doublet ED lens system
– Fully multi coated optics (STM Coatings)
– Aperture 80mm; focal length 480mm; focal ratio f/6
– Image free of chromatic error due to “Extra-Low-Dispersion” FPL53 apo element from Ohara (Japan).
– Internally baffled to prevent stray light
– Resolving power (Dawes’ Limit) 1.45 arc seconds
– Visual limiting magnitude 12.2 maximum
– 2.5″ “Rack ‘n Pinion” geared dual speed focuser with 1:10 micro-fully rotatable focuser. Focuser rotator rides on a Teflon bushing allowing for smooth rotation. Motor focusers can easily be installed.
– Supports 2″ and 1.25″ eyepiece accessories
– Self-centering 2″ to 1.25″ reducer with brass compression rings
– Camera Angle Adjuster (CAA)
– HD CNC tube rings
– Vixen style dovetail bar
– Handle for transportation and mounting accessories
– Retractable dew shield
– Weight approx. 7.7lbs
– Aluminum tube with matte powder coat and hard anodizing finish.
You can learn more about the Starfield ED80 f/6 Triplet APO here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.