Eye&Telescope is free Windows based astronomy software for planning and logging visual deep sky observations. Version 3.3.2 of the software has recently been released providing additional functionality.
Highlights of the Eye&Telescope astronomy software platform include:
– You can find meaningful observable celestial objects Based on the object, location and equipment
– Put objects together in observation projects and organize what you want to see over short and long periods of time
– Create a detailed observation plan with all the information you need for actual observation.
– Powerful tools for exporting object data, observations, projects, plans and star maps in a variety of file formats
– Navigate the sky with easy-to-use maps. These show all objects that you can actually observe due to the setting of visibility criteria. In this way you avoid maps overloaded with descriptions, double entries and do not have to worry about which catalog might be currently active.
– Record your observations in the logbook and create meaningful records with minimal effort.
– Control your ASCOM compatible telescope
The software package includes a printable manual , over an hour of tutorial videos, and an all-encompassing high quality help system. You can find more information on the software and how to download here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.