Optical Structures is hosting an astrophotography contest from December 1st, 2020 through January 31st, 2021. Optical Structures is the parent company of Astrodon filters which are the focus of the contest. The targets for the contest are the Dolphin Head Nebula and Simeis 147.
The contents rules include:
– Contestants must use Astrodon Filters to capture the image.
– The image must be taken between Dec 1st, 2020 – Jan 31st, 2021
– Submissions must be in JPEG format. Finalists will be asked to submit a TIFF file.
– Image Target: There is a choice between The Dolphin Head Nebula, Sh2-308, also designated as Sharpless 308, RCW 11, or LBN 1052, or Simeis 147 also designated as Sharpless 2-240.
– Customers can enter both images
– In addition to image, contestants must submit image info such as filters used, number of sub exposures and time for each exposure
Optical Structures will be providing a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place for both the Dolphin Head Nebula and Simeis 147. These include:
– 1st Place winner will receive a 24” x 36” Metal Print of their image
– 2nd Place winner will receive a 16” x 20” Metal Print of their image
– 3rd Place winner will receive a 11” x 14” Metal Print of their image
You can learn more about the Optical Structures astrophotography contents here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year magazine subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.