The TS-Optics Photoline Apo is a 155mm f/8 FPL55 Triplet Apochromat that is the largest apo available from Teleskop-Service. The telescope offers an inexpensive entry into the world of really big refractors and is available from APM Telescopes for $4,750US.
The TS-Optics Photoline Apo features an apochromatic triplet lens with FPL55 glass as the apo element and additional special Lanthanum glass for even better chromatic correction. It incorporates a lens cell that offers adjustment stability as the cell is adjustable via pull and push screws.
The telescope comes with a high end 3.7″ focuser with rack and pinion drive. The drawtube is ball bearing mounted for precise adjustment even under extreme loads such heavy cameras.
There is a generous working distance of 140 mm from the 2″ receptacle, which can be further extended by a removable segment between the tube and focuser. This even allows the use of binoviewers without glass path compensation.
The TS-Optics Photoline Apo can be combined with all suitable correctors. APM recommends the following correctors:
– TSFLAT3 – 1.0x corrector: The corrector is screwed directly onto the M92 thread of the focuser. The corrector provides illumination and correction up to 60mm image circle diameter. The focal length is not changed.
– TSRedJM63B – 0.8x corrector: The corrector is screwed to the focuser with an extension adapter #M68a-M63i. It reduces the focal length to 992mm and improves the focal ratio to f/6.4. The corrector provides illumination up to 42mm image circle diameter.
– TSAPORED075 – 0.74x corrector: The corrector is screwed to the M92 thread of the focuser with the adapters # OAZ3-Flat25 and # M68a-M68a. It reduces the focal length to 917mm and improves the focal ratio to f/5.92. The corrector provides illumination up to 44mm image circle diameter.
The Photoline 155mm Apo package includes the OTA, Losmandy style dovetail bar, optics test certificate and a transport case.
The TS-Optics Photoline Apo specifications include:
– Optics: 3 elements glass with airspace
– Lens: FPL55 and Lanthanum glass
– Aperture: 155mm
– Focal ratio: f/8
– Focal length: 1240mm
– Back focus: Length 100 mm – removable – this extends the working distance to 240 mm.
– Focuser: 3.7″ RPA Photoline focuser with dual speed transmission
– Connection to eyepiece: 1.25″, 2″, M68x1 female thread, M92x1 female thread
– Tube diameter: 156mm (6.1in.)
– Dewcap diameter: 186mm (7.3 in,)
– Tube weight: 13kg (28.6 lb.)
You can learn more here.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive telescope and amateur astronomy related news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.