Lunático Astronomía has released the Seletek Limpet, a new streamlined focuser controller that will drive most motors in the market and attach to most focusers. With a small 12V battery and a WiFi interface there are no cables coming out of the telescope.
Offering the same functionality of other Lunático Astronomía focus motors, the new unit is small, has WiFi connectivity as well as USB connectivity, a through-hole for easy attachment to any setup, threaded power jack, and can be controlled from a standard PC (ASCOM or INDI), or from any smartphone, tablet, etc, using a simple web interface.
The unit has very low power requirements and there is an optional external WiFi antenna if needed when a WiFi signal is weak. There is also an optional external temperature sensor.
The Limpet can be controlled with the Lunático Astronomía’s Seletek Armadillo and Platypus software. It will work with FocusMax, MaximDL, CCDCommander, ACP, CCD AutoPilot, SGPro, Voyager, APT, and more as well as any ASCOM aware astronomy software.
The Limpet includes the power supply cable, with screwed on terminal, and a tripod thread screw.
– Control one focus motor.
– Control one rotator motor.
– Independent control of any controller pin, manual or automated (depending on temperature delta), useful not only for fan control but also for dew heater bands.
– Control of the VSI’s “Zerotator”.
– “Seletek à la carte” allows you to customize your Seletek (original or Armadillo or Limpet) to match specific needs.
The focuser controller offers:
– Outputs: 4 power digital outputs (up to 1.5A) – thermal auto shutdown of the drivers in case of overheating.
– Inputs: 3 analogical-digital inputs (1 for the temperature external sensor, 2 protected with resettable fuses).
– PC connection via USB and Wifi.
– External power supply 12V dc (13.8V as supplied by some batteries is valid).
– The software supports any current Windows version (XP, Vista, 7, 10, 32bit, 64bit).
– ASCOM compliant software (focuser & rotator).
– INDIlib focuser driver.
The LIMPET controller can be purchased as a stand-alone unit to use with an existing motorized focuser or a complete set sold as the “Seletek LIMPET kit” which includes the LIMPET controller, a stepper motor, brackets and a stepper motor connection cable.
The Lunático Astronomía LIMPET controller is priced at $149US with worldwide shipping included.