In the latest iteration of the ZWO EAF (Electric Automatic Focuser) the company is now offering an “Advanced” option adding a temperature sensor and hand controller to the electronic focuser which offers precise, dynamic focus control for planetary and deep-sky imaging.
The EAF works with all capture software that is supported by the ASCOM platform. When used with a ZWO ASIAIR WiFi imaging and control system – not included with the EAF package – users have the ability to conduct entire imaging sessions with a smartphone or tablet.
The body of the EAF is made with an all-metal, red housing unit matching ZWO astronomy cameras. The body includes a 12V DC 5.5mm x 2.1mm, center positive power port and a USB2.0 data port.
This Hand Controller links to the ZWO EAF providing an easy method of focusing the telescope, featuring IN and OUT buttons, a 2-line display, slow and fast speed rate control and a 3.5mm female socket.
With the introduction of the Advanced EAF there are now two choices of the EAF. The standard version includes the EAF body, flexible coupling, a motor bracket, and a USB2.0 cable. The advanced version adds the hand controller and temperature sensor.
Features and specifications include:
– Highly integrated design
– Supports the ASCOM platform and various ASCOM-compatible third-party software
– Supports the Instrument Neutral Distributed Interface (INDI), a distributed control system (DCS) protocol for astronomy imaging which enables control, data acquisition and exchange among hardware devices and software front ends
– Supports original software such as ASIAIR and ASICAP
– Supports automatic focusing
– Supports handle controller and manual focusing
– USB HID device and drive-free
– Stable and durable
– Size: 60mm x 50mm x 40mm
– Step Motor: 5,760 steps to rotate the circle
– Power Port: 12V DC 5.5mm x 2.1mm, center positive
– Data Port: USB2.0 port
– Weight: 277g
– Capacity: 5kg
– Material: All-metal
– Color: Red
You can learn more at the ZWO website.