Apply innovative ideas to a time-tested design and you get the iOptron GEM45 next generation German equatorial mount. From its sleek CNC body to its state-of-the-art technological features, the GEM45 is a top-quality mount in both form and function.
Utilizing experiences gained during development of its CEM mount series, iOptron was able to remove unnecessary bulk giving the GEM45 an incredible 2.8 payload to mount weight ratio. This compact 15.8 lb. mount can precisely GOTO an object and track with up to 45 lbs. of gear onboard.
With its integrated electronic polar scope (iPolar), polar alignment is a snap, even when the pole star is obscured. Large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system make it easy to snap its drive gears into place even when wearing gloves. There is little chance of cables getting snagged with the GEM45’s internal advanced cable management system. A new, patent pending Universal Self-Centering Saddle (USCS) accommodates Losmandy and Vixen style dovetail plates.
Both GEM45 and GEM45EC mounts utilize reliable stepper motor drive systems incorporating the company’s low power consumption technology. Offering ultra-precise tracking, the EC version with its high-resolution encoder delivers a PE <.25 arcsecond rms.
The new iOptron LiteRoc 1.75″ tripod delivers rock solid stability in a light, compact package. A 212,000+ object library with star identification, GPS, Wi-Fi (requires optional iStarFi adapter) are a few of the desirable features standard on a GEM45 mount.
Features of the iOptron GEM45 mount include:
– German equatorial mount with innovative features
– Ideal for both visual observation and astrophotography
– Maximum payload of 45 lbs. (20 kg) with the mount weOPkt of only 15.8 lbs. (7.2 kg)
– Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
– Integrated iPolar electronic polar finder
– Low periodic error (< ± 7 arc seconds)
– Permanent periodic error correction (PPEC)
– Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
– Go2Nova 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA GOTO Technology and built-in heater
– Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
– 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
– USB communication port
– Cable management system
– New, patent-pending iOptron universal saddle
– All metal, CNC machined with red/black anodized
– Optional WiFi for mount control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer
– All new LiteRoc 1.75″ tripod with improved stability and leg locks
The iOptron GEM45 is retail priced at $2,098US and $2,188US with hard case. The GEMEC is retailed priced at $3,098US.