The Texas Star Party (TSP) is almost here! The annual event attracts more than 500 amateur astronomers from across the US who enjoy extremely dark skies packaged together with a number of events.
The event will be held on April 28-May 5 at the Prude Ranch near Fort Davis Texas. The area is located in south Texas approximately 180 miles southwest of Midland/Odessa and 200 miles southeast of El Paso. There are a number of accommodation options available for the event including tent camping, RV spaces, cabin rentals, hotel rooms and more.
In addition to evening observing opportunities the event offers:
– Talks and symposiums
– Nightly suggested observing programs
– A vendor pavilion with vendor exhibits and sales booths
– Attendee swap meet
– Attendee demonstrations of astrophotography, sketching, and amateur telescope making
– TSP daily activities for non-astronomy spouses
– Big Bend Museum tour
– Bus tours to McDonald Observatory
For more information visit the Texas Star Party website.