Available now for preorder, the Sky-Watcher USA EQM-35 go-to mount provides a convenient, stable go-to platform for refractors up to 100 mm or up to 127-mm Maksutovs. Designed as an imaging system, it also works well for visual use. This mount is perfect for the beginner as well as the more advanced astronomer.
The removable Declination assembly allows for the use of Sky-Watcher’s Star Adventurer L-brackets or ball head adapters, converting the classic dual-axis German equatorial tracking configuration into a heavy-duty single-axis tracking system.
Payload capacity is 22 pounds and two 7.5-pound (3.4-kilogram) counterweights are included, as is a built-in polar-alignment scope. The EZM-35’s SynScan hand controller features 42,000+ objects. The mount is priced at $725US.
– Mount Type: Equatorial
– Tripod: Adjustable height, steel tripod legs
– Power Type: DC11~16V 4A
– Motor Type: 1.8° Hybrid Stepper Motor
– Slew Speeds: 1000x, 800x, 600x, 400x, 200x, 32x, 16x, 8x, 2x, 1x
– Tracking Rates: Sidereal, Lunar, Solar
– Tracking Modes: Dual or single axis tracking
– Alignment Procedures: One-, two- and three-star Alignment
– Computer Hand Control: SynScan hand controller, flash upgradeable
– Database: Complete Messier, NGC, IC and SAO catalogs, 25 user-defined objects, total 42,900+ objects
– Mounting Saddle Type: V-Style
– Fully Assembled Weight (with weights): 22.7 pounds
– Payload Capacity (lbs): 22 pounds
SkyWatcher USA has released a host of new products this year, check them out here.