The Observer Pro app is an iOS app designed specifically for advanced amateur astronomy planning for those using iPhones, iPads iPod Touch. No guessing when that galaxy will emerge from behind that dastardly tree; no estimating how many hours you’ll be able to image an object. It provides easy answers to these and other critical planning questions are right at your fingertips.
The Observer Pro app featured highlights include:
– More than 14,000 deep-sky objects listed, all with close-up reference images – there is no need for additional downloads after the initial installation of the app.
-Measure your local horizon in minutes with your iPhone.
– Unique charts remove all guesswork from predicting object visibility – your house, trees, local mountains, or any other obstructions are factored into all visibility charts.
– Maintains a list of your favorite observing sites, each with its own local horizon, allowing comparison of object visibility between sites to identify the optimum spot for setting up.
– Integration of 7Timer astronomical weather forecasts for your observing sites, viewable without leaving the app.
– In-app tutorial (in Settings) explains how to maximize effectiveness of all of the app’s many features.
– The simple, intuitive interface makes all of the app’s powerful features readily accessible.
Observer Pro is priced at $13.99US and is available on the App Store.
And to make it easier for you to get the most extensive telescope and amateur astronomy related news, articles and reviews that are only available in the magazine pages of Astronomy Technology Today, we are offering a 1 year subscription for only $6! Or, for an even better deal, we are offering 2 years for only $9. Click here to get these deals which only will be available for a very limited time. You can also check out a free sample issue here.